Call us today - 0141 332 3702

Call us today - 0141 332 3702


Settling as a Refugee

Your future in the UK

Refugee Settlement Lawyers for Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen & Across Scotland

Applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK 

Settling in the UK as a refugee

If you have been granted permission to stay in the UK for five years with Refugee status or Humanitarian Protection, before the expiry of the five year period you must apply to obtain SETTLEMENT (also known as Indefinite Leave to Remain).

What you need to do to apply

The application is prepared and submitted on the Home Office online system. You will require to:

    Confirm where you have been living in the UK over the entire five year period.
    Confirm any travel outside the UK longer than two days.
    Confirm any criminal convictions received or outstanding criminal cases against you.
    Confirm in full your immigration history
    Confirm any Identity Cards held by you including Residence Cards, Travel Documents, Passports, national Identity Cards
    Confirm any remaining family or social connections with your country of nationality

How we can help

We will offer you a fixed fee service and we will undertake the following work on your behalf:

    We will meet with you and confirm you and any family members are eligible to apply and advise you in full of the documents and information you require to provide.
    We will prepare the online application and check it over with you in full before submitting it to the Home Office and will check and upload to the Home Office any supporting documents you wish to submit.
    We will arrange the booking of an appointment at a Home Office Centre near to where you live where you require to submit original documents and provide your photograph and finger-prints.
    We will keep you updated in respect of the progress of your application and advise you when a decision has been made and arrange for you to receive your new Residence Card (BRP).

After you have obtained “Settled” status, after 12 months you can apply to become a British Citizen. Fill in the form below to find out more.